Thursday, November 6, 2008

Farewell

Sadly on Nov. 1st my beloved brother passed away. I have been thinking for days of what I should write. I am very sad for the loss. I know that Jeff would want happy memories so I am going to post a few things about Jeff.

He always made me laugh, whether because he was so funny or just being so silly. He always gave such great and personal gifts, he really thought about it. For graduation he gave us girls some mase, which shows how much he cares about us. Free was always excited when Jeff would call and ask if he wanted to go to a movie with him. Or if there was a movie I did not want to see but Free did I would just tell him to call Jeff and he would get excited and call him. Free said to me "Who am I going to see movies with now?" Jeff loved BBQ's and we loved going to them, he called us quite a bit to come over and have a BBQ. We would stay till sometimes 1 in the morning. Sometimes we would play Texa's Hold ' em and it would get so late that we would all become punch drunk and just say the silliest comments and laugh at everything! While he was in the hospital one of the times he heard that my back was hurting and he texted me to ask if I was okay and when we were there visiting him he was so worried that my back was hurting. He just cares so much for his family, always worrying more about them them himself. He was always worrying about Emily and the kids. When Brayden was younger and crawling he always would go to Jeff. He would crawl to Jeff. When Jeff would walk into the room Brayden would holds his hands out the Jeff. I could go on and on. Jeff was such a wonderful, Caring Brother and he will be greatly missed. I am not the most eloquent person with words so I am going to copy some words that my cousin David wrote:


"I was moved by the love that was shown during those hours. I don't know of anything that can be purer than a mother's and a wife's love, nor can there be anything so exquisite as their grief. I saw the courage of a father and the tender kindness of a sister. I witnessed the bonds of affection that tie family together, knotted with the peace and promise of a reunion scheduled for all eternity.

Jeff's struggle on earth is over. His course is finished, his battle through. With all the strength and tenacity that Jeff showed, it is now our turn to fight through this trial. The empty days and long hours will stretch until they seem unbearable to those who for so long traveled with Jeff along life's paths."

We Love you Jeff!

3 comments:

Nate and Kristen said...

Kristen, what a beautiful tribute to your brother. I am sorry for your great loss. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Love you!

B. Surfer said...

Sorry to hear about your brother. Wish i was there to give you a hug and my shoulder.

Annette said...

Kristen what sweet kind words and great memories that you said about Jeff. I know he would appreiciate all the nice things that you said. I know he would also tell you a what a wonderful sister that you are and were to him. Kristen you are a wonderful person. Your quiet peace and calmness brings comfort and strength to those around you. We love you!