Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quotes

Samuel Smiles wrote: “ ‘Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey towards it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.’ … Hope sweetens the memory of experiences well loved. It tempers our troubles to our growth and our strength. It befriends us in dark hours, excites us in bright ones. It lends promise to the future and purpose to the past. It turns discouragement to determination.” 8

The Savior knows each of us in a personal way. He has assured us of His personal acquaintance, His awareness of our needs, and His presence in our times of need. He counseled, “I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me” (D&C 38:7). Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles explained, “The Savior is in our midst, sometimes personally, frequently through his servants, and always by his Spirit” (The Lord’s Way [1991], 14).


I just have to say that I am so grateful for such a loving family. It was so nice for all who came to give support at the hospital, just being there shows great love. For the phone calls, Tiff thank you for the sweet message.For being willing on a moments notice to babysit. For just being there for eachother. I am also so grateful for the support of family friends, the visits by neighbors and ward members. It really shows what a wonderful church we are apart of. Thank you for all of the prayers for Jeff.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Keep us updated! Our prayers are with you -Mel & Clark

Susan said...

Kristin, I always look forward to Thursdays on your blog!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement you give every week!!!

Nellie said...

You find the best quotes! This is so timely.....

Jamie said...

Thanks for the quote, I love it. And we are all here praying for Jeff and your family. Love you

Anonymous said...

Kristin- I hope you are stayin strong. My prayers are with your family. All love, Tiffany Tatafu (Macdonald)