Friday, July 25, 2008

Scary Moment

So today I was talking on the phone to my Sis. in Law. I was just thinking about the conversation we were having and not paying attention to what was going on around me. Well Brayden managed to take this tape measure that Free has. It is big and bulky and very hard metal, long and easy to unwind. I was sitting on my computer and I could hear Liza crying a bit nothing out of the norm. I see from the corner of my eyes Brayden's door open and Liza is standing there completely covered with the tape measure. It was mere centimeters away from her neck, every time she moved it started to choke her. I ran into his room and held her and slowly took it off of her. I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I do believe that children have guardian angels watching out for them. Needless to say that measuring tape is put away where they can no longer get it. I had a long talk with Brayden about the damage that could have happened. So Scary.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

What a story! I'm so glad you saved the day. I can't believe she wasn't screaming. I think it was Grandma Miller looking out for her.

Lyndee said...

WoW Kristen, I am glad you got to her! I still think you are a good mom!