Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quote Day is back

I have totally been slacking and not writing my quotes. Todays quote comes from the First Presidency message in the Ensign, I really liked it.


"We live in troubled times. Doctors’ offices are filled with individuals who are beset with emotional problems as well as physical distress. Divorce courts are overflowing because people have unsolved problems. Human resource administrators in government and industry work long hours in an effort to assist people with their problems.

One human resource officer assigned to handle petty grievances concluded an unusually hectic day by placing facetiously a little sign on his desk for those with unsolved problems. It read, “Have you tried prayer?” What he may not have realized was that this simple counsel would solve more problems, alleviate more suffering, prevent more transgression, and bring about greater peace and contentment in the human soul than could be obtained in any other way.

A prominent American judge was asked what we as citizens of the countries of the world could do to reduce crime and disobedience to law and to bring peace and contentment into our lives and into our nations. He carefully replied, “I would suggest a return to the old-fashioned practice of family prayer.”

5 comments:

Annette said...

What a wonderful quote and so very true. I know family prayer makes a difference in my family. Hope things are comming along o.k. for you getting ready to move.

Jan said...

I always love your Thursday quotes, I am glad you are doing them again.

Nellie said...

Great message! I always need a reminder.....

Nate and Kristen said...

That's a great quote!

Lyndee said...

oh yes that is a really great quote and so true! What would we do with out the counsil of our modern day prophets and this wonderful gospel.