Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Changes fast!

Well yesterday morning around 630 Free's phone went off, the sound of a text message. I was thinking who would text him so early in the morning. Well it was his construction manager telling him to be at the office at 930! Yes Free was layed off, we were informed by a TEXT MESSAGE! We knew that lay-offs were coming and that Free could be apart of it.So this was not a huge surprise. They gave him two weeks, so starting in Feb. we will be jobless yay! We are going away from construction and looking elsewhere for a job! We are putting our house for sale, so if anyone knows of someone who wants a house send them our way! Also I would like to look for a good work from home job that I could do, so if anyone knows of one please please let me know. I am going to need to help out anyway I can! Layoffs are hard I know we have been down this road before, but we feel that we will be okay, if everyone could just keep us in your prayers that we will be able to sale our house that would be wonderful!

12 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Hey, I've been working from home for 5 years now. You should check out Transcription Express. It's transcriptioning work, not medical, and they train you. Email me for more info. jlarsen2@cox.net

Jamie said...

Just think - when Free's a pharmasist making bank you'll think back on this and laugh. Yes, we will keep you in our prayers.

Bea said...

All will be OK Kristen! Hang in there girl! We will keep you in our prayers!

Nellie said...

Kristen, you two are amazing and will find a way through this. I will keep my feelers out for some good at home jobs. I'm praying for you also!

Susan said...

That totally stinks that they laid him off through text!! What is this world coming to, that is totally unprofessional and the easy way out. But, I know things will work out somehow, someway. I dont understand life either, but I know the Lord is looking over everything and all the new challenges. Good Luck, I dont know of any work from home jobs but I do know some of my friends have started babysitting others or working at the local gyms daycare (they bring their children with them). Good Luck, one of my friends the other day was talking about this and she said is brought a little comfort knowing that alot of others are working through this same problem in her ward and with her friends. Good Luck

Susan said...

By the way, I was just thinking and talking to Kent and I totally forgot you had your degree. You know, subbing at the schools pays awesome and you can still be home by 3 everyday and go in at 8-9 I really know how to work this system so if you want to talk, let me know. Mesa is paying 110 a day now. If Freeman goes to afternoon/night school, you could have it all!!! You could only work m, w, f and make 300-400 a week. no other job anywhere is going to pay that much!!! Let me know!

Tiffanyann said...

oh kris i am so sorry. You guys are amazing and I know that the Lord will bless you!! you guys will deffinately be in our prayers

Annette said...

So sorry to hear that news. We wish you the best and will pray for you.

Nate and Kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear that Kristen. Being in the construction business is hard right now! My sister does transcription (someone mentioned that above), and if you can type fast, you would do well with it. I hope that you can sell your house. If not, I know that all will work out! :)

Robbie, Kelly, Jared and Payton Merrill said...

Hey Kristen I am truly sorry. University of Phoenix is always wanting new people, and it pays great. My brother-in-law works there and is doing very well. You guys should look into it. Our prayers are with you!

Binghamz said...

I am so sorry! That has got to be rough!Geoff and I went through a bit of that when we first moved to Vegas and what got us through was each other, the church and the Lord. Good luck! We'll keep you in our prayers!

Mandy Lynn said...

Aww, Kristen, that is lame!! I'm really impressed with your positive outlook. I know the Lord will bless you for your faith and your optimism. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Wish I had any ideas on jobs....if I think of anything, I'll let you know.