Every day I commence in battle against my sweet little Eliza. For a few years now she has been picky about what she wears. At first it was that she would only wear dresses, which was not a problem, I just quit buying pants and shirts for her. Last winter she had no problem wearing leggings with her dresses. This winter I have been fighting another battle. Now if her leggings are not extremely tight in the waist or the right length then she refuses to wear them. So I let her go out without leggings only to have the entire walk consist of her crying because she is too cold. Now many of her dresses that she used to wear she refuses with some strange reason. I took her to Old Navy and had her try on some dresses where she picked the ones out she liked, however now she Refuses to wear them. Along with this is her hair, I try and try to do her hair only to have blood sweat and tears. Her hair has to be extremely tight and her head is super sensitive. Many times when I do her hair within minutes it is taken out. So I am saying that I surrender she can wear what she wants and if you see her most likely her hair will not be done, the fighting is just not worth it. Needless to say I am very glad this next one is a boy.....
Monday, December 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
sorry kris but i am laughing so hard right now, not at you but more out of pitty becuase that is mary in a nutshell. just wait till you have to have her out the door for school...not so fun. our solution (judge if you will) is candy. it is the only thing that works. she will put on whatever most of the time it is pants or the sleeves on shirts and then shoes is a whole other thing but as soon as she freaks out (i say freak out because there is no other way to describe the insane person that takes over my daughters body) and i immeadately say ok hurry lets get you a piece of candy and it wont bother you so much( she knows that she only gets one if she stops freaking out though) but it works like a charm. am i proud of the fact that she eats like 3 pieces of chocolate on the way to the bus stop HECK NO but for us there is no other way. try it out, i figure the green smoothies have to kind of counter act the candy at 8am. ha ha. sorry you go through this too. good luck.
Oh Eliza. Stop giving your Mom a headache. But she is so stinking cute no matter what! (I notice you didn't mention the water thing. I have never seen anything like that!)
And Tiff, no judging from me. After a full 4 hour screaming fit from Elijah when he was 3 I walked into his bedroom in tears, handed him a bag of candy (for the record he wasn't crying for candy he was crying for a completely insane reason), and said "Please please stop crying." It worked. LOL. Not my proudest Mommy moment, but we have to survive somehow! The candy I gave him was candy corn, and he took 1 bite, handed it back said he hated it, smiled and went and played. sigh. He was so hard as a toddler, now he's an angel.
:( that sounds horrible. Logan's problem is that he gets one drop of food or water on his clothes and he freaks out until they're off. Yesterday at the gym daycare he completely derobed because a drop of water spilt on his shirt. It KILLS me. I haven't found anything that works, but now I'm gonna try candy. Because he turns into a monster so I turn into a monster and he ends up wearing 13 outfits a day. Boys are not much easier!! At least MY boy!!!
sorry i am commenting again. yes we have the water thing too... they have grown out of that more though. mary doesn't freak out wwith water so much but logan changes his clothes at least 4 times a day and this is with or with out water he just loves clothes. kids are so funny
Eliza does the water thing too. I have honestly never seen a child so bad. I love that little girl so much, but Kris you have your hands full!
I love that you slipped in that your expecting! Congrats on #3.. maybe you already announced it and i was stuck in my bubble and didn't notice - but either way, i'm excited for you that it's a boy. My 2 girls drive me insane too.
Post a Comment